The lungs are essential to human life, and an important organ for endurance athletes. They work tirelessly, constantly pulling in air and dumping out what can't be used. Breathing brings in oxygen and dispels carbon dioxide, which is a waste product of metabolism. In addition to being necessary for exercise, we also need to breathe in order to talk and sing.
Were you aware that there were certain foods that improve your lung function? If you make sure to add these foods to your diet along with using the AIRWAAV Endurance Mouthpiece while you work out, you can expand your lung capacity a great deal, making it easier to exercise for long periods of time.
List of foods that improve lung function
- Pure, clean water. Proper hydration is essential to life and specifically to lung function.
- Garlic and onions are great for both the heart and lungs.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that promote the elimination of pollutants from the lungs.
- Chili peppers improve blood flow, stimulate the mucus membrane, and fight infection.
- Cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and kale cut the risk of lung cancer in half.
- Pomegranates slow the growth of lung tumors.
- Turmeric helps relieve inflammation and chest tightness.
- Apples are rich in flavonoids, vitamin E, vitamin C, and antioxidants, which help to keep your lungs healthy.
- Grapefruit is good for cleansing the lungs.
- Beans, seeds, and nuts include magnesium, which contributes to healthy lung function.
- Carrots reduce the likelihood of developing lung disease.
- Oranges help the lungs transfer oxygen.
- Pumpkin has antioxidants that may help combat lung cancer.
- Cayenne pepper helps stimulate healthy secretions that protect the mucous membranes in the lungs.What can I do in addition to eating foods that improve lung function?
What can I do in addiction to eating foods that improve lung function?
If you want to improve lung function, there is something else you can do in addition to eating foods that improve lunch function. That is to use the AIRWAAV Endurance Mouthpiece.
This mouthpiece was developed and perfected over a 15-year period by Dr. Dena Garner of the Citadel in South Carolina. Dr. Garner is a full-time professor in the Department of Health and Human Performance as well as the Director of Undergraduate Research at the Citadel. She has spent 15 years perfecting the design of the AIRWAAV mouthpiece for elite athletes and cadets at the Citadel.
The AIRWAAV Endurance Mouthpiece consists of three main parts. The first is the intake bar, which sits on the inside of your lower teeth. The second is the bite plate, which goes over your lower molars. Finally, the form-fitting bars are molded to your specific bite, locking the device in place during the most intense workouts, whether you're running, swimming, cycling, rowing, or performing other intense aerobic activities.
The position of the intake bar and the bite plate work together to position your tongue forward and down so that when you bite gently on the bite plate, your airway is open more than it would otherwise be. This gives you up to a 20% improvement in your BPM (breaths per minute), which gives you more energy.
Using the AIRWAAV Endurance Mouthpiece helps to improve your O2/CO2 exchange rate, which helps with two substances in your system. It decreases the production of lactic acid and cortisol. Each of these compounds works to increase fatigue in your muscles, so by reducing their occurrence during intense exercise, you have more energy and your muscles take less time to heal between workouts.
If you focus on eating foods that improve lung function while using the AIRWAAV Endurance Mouthpiece during workouts, you're giving your lungs the best possible chance of peak performance.
Where can I get the best mouthpiece for improving lung function?
The AIRWAAV Endurance Mouthpiece is made of our patented Vistamaxx material, which is strong while also being comfortable to wear. The mouthpiece is manufactured in the United States so you can rely on it being made well. Order the AIRWAAV Endurance Mouthpiece online today and see how your lung function improves.