Cortisol Levels and Exercise
Intense exercise and high cortisol levels are inextricably linked. Cortisol is known as the stress hormone, and it is released by the adrenal gland when you’re under stress, whether mental, emotional, or physical stress. While stress sounds like a negative thing, there are good kinds of stress as well. For example, an upcoming wedding can be stressful, but it’s not a negative event. The same is true of bodybuilding — the hardcore workouts you do are good for your body and mind, but they do cause physical stress to your body. Intense workouts increase cortisol output drastically, but the AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece was designed to decrease cortisol from bodybuilding. It’s the best purchase you can make for natural cortisol reduction.
Excess cortisol production has a number of potential effects on your body. Some are detrimental to your bodybuilding goals, like a tendency to feel depressed, experience sleep deprivation, have migraines, or get tunnel vision. Other effects can work directly against your lifting ambitions. For example, chronic fatigue can make it difficult to continue intense workouts. Additionally, your muscles can take longer to repair, which can deplete muscle proteins essential to bodybuilders. A decreased metabolism and increased blood sugar can lead to an increase in belly fat, not something you want when you’re working on sculpting your body to perfection.
Continue reading for information on other cortisol-reducing supplements and to learn how the AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece blocks cortisol production.
12 Supplements for Natural Cortisol Reduction
The following 12 supplements are adaptogenic herbs that have been shown to manage cortisol levels and reduce stress, both mental or physical. These natural cortisol blockers for bodybuilding can be used in tandem with an AIRWAAV for maximum benefits.
- Ashwagandha can come in the form of a tablet or a powder to add to meals or beverages.
- Schisandra berry can be consumed as a whole berry or in juice, tea, or in tablet or pill form.
- Chamomile is best when consumed as a tea.
- Holy basil is best taken as in tablet or pill form or as a tea.
- Passion flower can be used as a tea or in a tincture.
- Panax Ginseng can be taken as a tablet or pill or consumed in tincture form.
- The reishi mushroom can be used as a powder or as part of a blend, but should not be eaten as a whole mushroom.
- Licorice root is a legume that can be used in pill form or as a tea, but is not recommended for those with a tendency to high blood pressure.
- Lemon Balm is best drunk in tea.
- Rhodiola can be taken as a tablet or pill or in a tea.
- Cordyceps is commonly taken as a powder or a tea.
- Skullcap can be consumed in a tea, as a raw herb, or in a powder blend or liquid droplets.
The AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece directions your tongue down and forward and when you bite down, it creates the optimal airway opening. It's patented and scientifically proven with peer-reviewed, published research to provide athletes:
- Increased Endurance: Reduces your respiratory rate by 20%.
- Increased Strength: Improves muscular endurance.
- Faster Recovery: Reduces cortisol build up levels by up to 50%.
How does the AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece reduce cortisol while bodybuilding?
The AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece is a natural way to create the optimal airway opening by directing your tongue down and forward. It’s patented and scientifically proven with peer-reviewed, published research. The mouthpiece is made of a material called VistaMaxx, which is tough enough to wear day after day while being comfortable enough to want to wear it during every workout. The material does not absorb bacteria, so cleaning it is easy and it will stay clear throughout years of use.
When you first receive your AIRWAAV performance mouthpiece, you will take a couple of minutes to customize the bite plate to fit your rear teeth. All you need is a microwave, a paper towel, and a bowl of cold water. This helps with comfort as well as keeping the mouthpiece from falling out while you’re working out.
The mouthpiece is made up of this bite plate and the intake bar. When you gently clench your molars on the bite plate and move your tongue forward and down to tuck it under the intake bar, your airway capacity is increased by 8 to 9 percent. This may not seem like a lot, but it can immediately reduce your respiration rate by more than 20 percent, resulting in less lactic acid production. It also reduces cortisol buildup after strenuous workouts by up to 50 percent. This helps improve your recovery time and increases your strength by improving your muscular endurance. If you’re looking for increased strength and endurance along with lower respiratory rates and faster recovery times, the AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece is for you.
How can I get an AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece?
Dr. Dena Garner, the inventor of the AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece, spent 15 years in research and development to provide you with the absolute best product available to enhance your bodybuilding performance and strength. You can see the difference AIRWAAV makes by ordering the best performance mouthpiece online today!